Tuesday, April 14, 2009

New recipe

TODAY'S RECIPE:

I made up the following dish Sunday from some stuff my wife had left over from something she was preparing to bring to work on Monday. Its really tasty and it burns like hell.

JEFF Z’S RED HOT CHICKEN

1 pack skinless, boneless chicken thighs (Note: About 7 or 8 thighs. I used thighs because that's what I had. Substitute if you like.)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
? salt and black pepper (Note: salt and pepper to your taste. I don't know how much I used.)
2 jalapeno peppers about 3 or 4 inches long (Sliced in rings.)
1 bunch of shallots (Green onions sliced in rings.)
1 Whole bulb of garlic (Peel the garlic and slice the big ones in half.)
½ medium size onion (Chopped fine.)
1 cup pace piquant sauce (You can use a cup of tomato sauce, whole tomatoes, or Rotel tomato's. It don't matter whether you use Mild, Medium, or hot. Those two peppers are gonna give you all the hell you can handle.)

Brown the chicken in the olive oil on a medium high setting in a 12 inch frying pan. This allows the chicken to cook through and through, and brown slowly. While browning, chop the veggies keeping the garlic separate. When the chicken begins to get slightly golden brown, add the garlic. Continue browning for about 5 to 10 minutes or until the chicken is a dark golden brown. Then add the rest of the veggies. When the veggies begin to soften, add the piquant sauce or tomato sauce. Continue to cook until the veggies attain the consistency you like and you have established a good blend.

“CAUTION…….IT IS HOT!” I ate some with eggs the next morning, OOOOOOIE dat open my eye.

A LITTLE MORE ON EMOTIONAL FREEDOM TECHNIQUES (EFT):

In my last post I wrote about EFT. I have not tried the techniques with any regularity, so I cannot speak to the effectiveness as yet. However, if you are curious about this form of "Energy" therapy, I suggest that you not only read up on it at Gary Craig's site, but you should also google "Emotional Freedom Techniques scam" to look at the other side of the coin. There is a good post on the subject at the blog "http://quackfiles.blogspot.com/2005/01/skeptics-of-energy-therapies.html". In part, the article says the EFT is a spin off of "Thought Field Therapy (TFT). According to the article, TFT was Trademarked and popularized in the early 1980s by California psychologist Roger J. Callahan, PhD. I can see how professional therapist and doctors have concerns about the use of energy therapy, but if it works, what the hell.

A LITTLE CAJUN HUMOR:

Boudreaux and Thibodeaux were once again spending Saturday night at the City Bar, and after several hours of steady drinking, Thibodeaux suddenly fell backwards off of the bar stool and onto the floor, passed out cold. Boudreaux looks at Thib, looks up at the bartender, and remarks, "Dat's what I like about Thibodeaux. He knows when he done had enough to drink."

Dat's all fo today, podnas.

Ccccccccccccccccccya

No comments:

Post a Comment