Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Second Jewel

Today's Stuff
Gonna be watching the Preakness today. New slogan -- "Get your Preak on!" I guess that includes partaking of the popular beverage known as the "Black-eyed Susan". The recipe calls for Bourbon, vodka (or rum), sweet and sour mix, orange juice, and ice. I'm not going to use the ice, but instead will be using frozen oranges and strawberries. As I mentioned in previous post, this keeps the drink from becoming watered down. You can't have things like that bringing down your good time. We need to enjoy life as much as we can while we still can.

This is just a short post to keep in the groove. I have read "Glen Beck's Common Sense" and am now reading "A Patriots History of the United States", and will be posting some excerpts from them and commenting on them. It will be interesting to come back here a year from now and see what I posted. If not for anyone else, at least for me.

On a Sad note, I lost a very dear friend recently who was also my first cousin. He will be sadly missed, but always remembered.

1 comment: